8800GT Sli for 1900x1200 or 8800ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt you will get a Q6600 to 3.6ghz on that board...but who knows you may. The P35 chipset are much better suited for crazy overclocks.

mine is stable at 3.6Ghz with a 680i

the 680i is under estimated for sure. most people just dont know how to use them properly to get a good OC.

my limiting factor is temps right now.

mine is stable at 3.6Ghz with a 680i

the 680i is under estimated for sure. most people just dont know how to use them properly to get a good OC.

my limiting factor is temps right now.

it's not underestimated....some 680i's have been known to overclock very well while I have seem even experts not hit very high overclocks.

I say the 680i gets the reputation it deserves becuase it had a LOT of problems compared to any other board recently.

yeah, on the old BIOS.

the new P30's were designed specificially for quads and OC'ing. it helped me out alot when i flashed the to the P30's.

i'll let you know how the sli on gt works out. Just ordered 2 of them tonight. Gotta figure out what mobo i want now. Gonna order a corsair 620 and a new mobo tommorow, hopefully have everything up and running this weekend. The benches on sli gt's at 1920x1200 i just couldnt pass up.

Sounds good, i think I'm leaning towards the evga nforce 680i for both its Sli and its supposed good overclocking.

You may want to consider holding off on the gpu if you want to send your cpu through the roof.

The gpu will put out alot of heat and degrade the possibilities for your q6600. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom