Stock SLI 8800gt beats GTX by 2k in 3dmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomshardware showed overclocking and they said they were dissapointed that it only got about 11% more performance. Then again they only got the core to 680mhz and you can buy factory overclocked ones with more than that.

I want to see if they find a volt mod for these...they already run very quiet, cool, and use low watts. A volt mod to like 750+ on the core would just be sick..

There are ways...you can just turn each card up slowly until they each reach their max. I don't think that they have to be the same clock speed...I know the X1950XT's could be a slave card to the faster X1950XTX's...but that was crossfire.

Well considering i will be getting my cards tommorow and my new board/psu sometime next week i guess i'll have some time to figure out the max OC on my cards over the weekend.

I'd say its a better buy than the ultra. At fry's you could get 3 GT's for what I paid for the ultra XD Course up here I couldn't get a GT for under 300 most likely. Even if currency's the same noone's gonna change pricing anytime soon. I've found a couple places that are startiong to ship to canada again but as far as places like newegg zzf clubit and such im outta luck XD

All this said and done I probably still woulda gone for the ultra over sli GT's.. just because I still have the option to SLI the ultra. Though that'd probably be a waste considering the 9 series might nearly be out by the time I can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom