OC'ing Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gl\l0m!$h

In Runtime
All right guys first off i have a cheap 2.8ghz celeron (yea, celeron it was hella cheap so be quiet) and ive been stepping it up to 3.31ghz which i think is pretty good. The problem is i dont know if the temps i have for it are good for an overclocked machine or not so ill post them.
Clock Speed Idle Temp Load Temp
2.8ghz - 2.94ghz - 3.08ghz - 3.22ghz - 3.31ghz
33C - 33C - 33C - 33C - 33C
48C - 49-50C - 50C - 51-52C - 53C

So idle stayed around 33C and load went from 48C to 53C which i think are pretty good but if i go over 3.31ghz the system gets a bit unstable (the load program i used, Prime 95, started reading errors) so my question is this are these temps good and if they are should i try and go higher by upping the voltage to stabilize it and going further?

Uh jus found out that i dont think i can change the voltage unless i dont know sumtin u guys do i have an asus p4s533-mx mobo if any thinks they know how to change the V please post

have you checked the manual? I haven't seen a motherboard yet that you can't change the voltage on from asus

I would try and get the best out of the CPU, go higher if you can but try not to damage the CPU :)

Nothing wrong with experimenting.

How have you done it so far? What is your FSB speed and Multiplier?

my mobo is the p4s533 and im pretty sure u cant change the voltage but the processors locked at a crazy 28x so right now the bus is at 118 making it about 3.31ghz

I would just leave it at 2.8 unless you really need that extra 5-10% performance at the cost of a lower life on the processor.

I have the P4S533-X...and Im using a 20.8Ghz P4. Ive got it OC'ed to 3.2. The multiplier is at 21, strangly, and the bus speed i set it to is 148/34 or something... works fine, average temp is something like 30C idle and max 45C Gaming with farcry and such...

Try getting a better CPU Fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom