Stock SLI 8800gt beats GTX by 2k in 3dmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds right...its already a few k behind and SLI doesn't usually increase performance that much. Considering they are the actually a little cheaper to SLI and faster....right now is about the only time I'm going to say if you have the equipment SLI is not a bad idea....even though one GT is fast enough for most people, SLI two 512Mb 8800GT's for only 560 bucks or so and your getting some hella crazy good frames and 1GB of memory for high resolutions.

Big deal. I got 2k just from OCing my processor and video card.

That is a big deal since the 8800GT is not a monstrous card in the least. It does not take that many watts for it's power either becuase of the 65nm fabrication. I have not seen it's OC potential but at 65nm fabrication I bet this thing overclocks really nice too....what an amazing card. I am going to pick one up in November or December to replace my X1950XT that I will sell.

not by much.

i'd like to see these cards with a decent OC in SLI.

no not by much but I was actually going to edit my post and say that these cards are only 65nm...remember what happened when Intel took their chips from 80-90 to 65 in Conroe? Yea....godly overclockers. I have yet to even see the 8800GT overclocked yet I will have to look.

Performance: SLI 8800 GT > 8800 GTX

Price: SLI 8800 GT < 8800 GTX

And you guys are complaining?

Yea seriously lol..even the watts in SLI are close to that of a single 2900 card becuase of it's 65nm transistors. The only thing they are missing for amazing SLI for the price is a great overclocking cheap SLI board. The 650i is a good board but I'm talking an amazing overclocker like P35 except SLi...yep I mean good cheap X38's heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom