8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, thought i'd give it a shot. dont get me wrong...it is a BEAST. i just like more things about Nvidia. i'm an AMD fan, but that doesnt mean that i have to buy everything they make, lol.
its an SLI mobo, i dont see why not.
make sure your power supply is decent. guru3d was talkin 500w with 36A minimum for SLI.
thats exactly what my PSU runs and i dont think i would go with the bare minimum.
for single card, the review suggests 450W/26A. i can handle that.

yeah, thought i'd give it a shot. dont get me wrong...it is a BEAST. i just like more things about Nvidia. i'm an AMD fan, but that doesnt mean that i have to buy everything they make, lol.
its an SLI mobo, i dont see why not.
make sure your power supply is decent. guru3d was talkin 500w with 36A minimum for SLI.
thats exactly what my PSU runs and i dont think i would go with the bare minimum.
for single card, the review suggests 450W/26A. i can handle that.

PC Power and Cooling 610 :).

What is ASUS's warrenty? Like you can overclock and they wont be mad about RMAing it if it stops working like eVGA or XFX?

Also the place that it was 249.99 is now 289.99 but I took SS when I triewd to order it so I have proof and I will get me that price lol.

ASUS has 3 year warranty.
nothing like the lifetime warranty of evga, but 3 years is about the lifetime of any computer part, IMO. certainly when you do the things we do to them.
about the overclocking...i dont know. i read their warranty info on their website and it said they wouldnt warranty it if it was "disassembled", which i assume to mean aftermarket cooling/voltmod (obviously), etc.
nothing was mentioned about overclocking. they wouldnt be able to tell you overclocked it. the only way it would brake by OCing is if you hit it with too much voltage. they probably wouldnt like that.
good luck on getting the cheaper price.

ASUS has 3 year warranty.
nothing like the lifetime warranty of evga, but 3 years is about the lifetime of any computer part, IMO. certainly when you do the things we do to them.
about the overclocking...i dont know. i read their warranty info on their website and it said they wouldnt warranty it if it was "disassembled", which i assume to mean aftermarket cooling/voltmod (obviously), etc.
nothing was mentioned about overclocking. they wouldnt be able to tell you overclocked it. the only way it would brake by OCing is if you hit it with too much voltage. they probably wouldnt like that.
good luck on getting the cheaper price.

Ya Will prolly just order this week when everyone restocks

nagasma's ATi adventure didn't last long did it.

Nvidia is just dominating the DX10 market... :)

dude CCC is a big POS and i really never liked ATITool. if they could figure those two things out for me, i would be happy with this card.
they finally got the drivers working well, but the interface is just like...vomit.
sorry AMD, i'll stick with their chips..but not graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom