8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 680i boards are the only way to do SLI at the current time correct?

nope.. for Intel theres also 650i...

for AMD: Theres: 590's, 570's... and more and more... N-dogg uses a eVGA 590 (its like Intel's Version of 680i)

look for the 680i LT... its $130 on Newegg... i just know its cheaper for some reason... idk why tho..

Ive been clicking through a lot of the reviews and the 680i's seem to have a LOT of doa's and "wont work with my quad" posts. Is that something that has been fixed?

i'm pretty sure it has, because Kobe/Baron and mgcook all use Core 2 Quad q6600's with 680i's...

jeez N-Dogg.. u just got your 2900pro 2 weeks ago.... but SLi those 8800gt's... you'll be glad you did... so time to hit eBay and sell it.....

heh yeah two weeks ago. which is why i can still RMA it, if the 8800gt that i just ordered (thats RIGHT boo-yeh! LOL NVM read on!) performs as well as it has been rumored and shown.
i am really concerned with the rumored high temps, though. we'll see i guess fellas, it'll be here by FRIDAY. wo0t.
hmmmm....i'm looking at newegg and it (the evga, pny, and xfx) has a "limited non-refundable return policy".
which means that if it is a bunch of poo-poo that it performs that well, i have a card i cant return...except for another card just like it.
may have to think on this.
hmm, the asus is 10 bucks more. it comes with COH opposing fronts. it can be returned. the core clock is 50mhz less than the evga and the memory is 100mhz less. that should be an easy OC. any opinions on asus gpu's?

Or just OC the normal superclocked and pay $25-50 less, since thats all I'm seeing widely available at the moment. Or wait and pay more for minimal performance increases.

Either way, any 8800gt hax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom