Nvidia Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
When building and/or upgrading my computer I have been mildly dissapointed in the last two video cards I have bought. I had a 7900GS which I used the eVGA step-up program to get the 8600GTS 512MB.

The 8600GTS is ok, but it is not the mid-range card the 8600 series should be. I had to go there due to $$$, plus I felt it was a little ridiculous to buy a year-old technology that had seen little price drop.

Enter the 8800GT. I am going to be ordering this card in a few hours. Nvidia has made up for their mistake with the 8600 by not only putting out a great card, but it is at a remarkable price also. I was expecting a card with performance between the 8600GTS and 8800GTS with price inbetween also. Instead we get a card that almost rivals an 8800GTX for less than half the price.

Nvidia is happy because they are going to make a ton of money of this great product, and the consumer is happy to get it. Thank you Nvidia for a great release (FINALLY!).

hmm, i guess thank you Nvdia also for making such a good product.

but i'm looking for a product more in the $200 dollar range. Hope either companies will put a decent product in that gap.

Urg... I'd be subscribing if they'd told us what the G92 was when I bought my GTS320 a month ago. I thought it would be the 9 series (with associated 7 digit price tag).

I'm sorry for your loss. I had an 8800GTS 640MB ordered in Step 3 on newegg a couple of days ago, then read a review and quickly cancelled that order.

I lost money too on the 8600GTS. The 512 MB version was almost as expensive as this 8800GT when I bought it a few months ago.

After Christmas I heard the 8800GT 512MB should be approaching $200, I think that was from anandtech.

I like Nvidia. My mobo uses their chip, and I had a 7800GTX (sweet card) and still have a MX4000 in my wife's computer.

I am currently with ATI/AMD, and am very pleased with it.

The 256 version won't be out till mid-late Novemeber, along with the 1GB version.

Yep...I am going to predict the 512 version will go down to around 220 bucks while the 256 will be around 170-180 maybe? The 8800GT 256mb will still im sure be faster than the 8800GTS 640 probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom