3DMark06 rating, CPU too low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blucube

In Runtime
So I ran 3DMark06, and all seem well... I plan on overclocking soon... but right now everythings stock...

QQ600 2.4ghz
8800GTX
2GB Crucial Ballistix...

all seemed to come out okay stock, though I wasn't for sure on the SPU test... I definately rated extremely low in that in comparison to others with similiar hardware... is that because most of them have overclocked their CPU or is it something on my end?

What values did you get? Heres a log of my values for your reference, although I didn't log the breakdown of scores before I overclocked my CPU from 2.4 to 3:

log.png

note this is with an 8800GTS 320

What values did you get? Heres a log of my values for your reference, although I didn't log the breakdown of scores before I overclocked my CPU from 2.4 to 3:

log.png

note this is with an 8800GTS 320

okay so heres the breakdown, this is vista too... so that may have some play in it

3DMark Score 10417 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 4154 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 4511 Marks
CPU Score 3424 Marks

1 - Return to Proxycon 35.869 FPS
2 - Firefly Forest 33.371 FPS

CPU1 - Red Valley 1.116 FPS
CPU2 - Red Valley 1.681 FPS

1 - Canyon Flight (SM 3.0) 45.466 FPS
2 - Deep Freeze (SM 3.0) 44.758 FPS

mind you this is all stock, I've had my pc a little less then a week... I want to overclock, just don't exactly know the specifics yet and may need a little assistance

Yeah, that looks ok to me. What motherboard are you using? Overclocking is actually pretty easy, but takes time. Just make sure you read properly around the subject, and are careful. Anyway, if you feel that you want to, that rig should be capable of well over 13000 in 3dmark06, have a look at the sticky at the top for some comparisons.

^ theres a whole load of p35 gigabyte chipsets...

which one:

p35-ds3l or p35-ds3r or p35-ds3p or something?

that score is normal...

start by increasing your FSB in your BIOS by increments of 5-10.. then stress test... each time u increase it..

So I ran 3DMark06, and all seem well... I plan on overclocking soon... but right now everythings stock...

QQ600 2.4ghz
8800GTX
2GB Crucial Ballistix...

all seemed to come out okay stock, though I wasn't for sure on the SPU test... I definately rated extremely low in that in comparison to others with similiar hardware... is that because most of them have overclocked their CPU or is it something on my end?

My system is very similar to yours, however I've got it overclocked (see my sig for details) and I'm getting 13,751. And my CPU is only at 2.83 on stock so once I buy a better cooler I'll probly get it to 3.3 GHz and maybe 14500 or 15000+ in 3dmark06.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom