8800GT review from Toms Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crysis is ahead of it's time no matter how you look at it. But look at TechSpot's full review of crysis:
Crysis demo performance in-depth - TechSpot
Pretty much only the "Low" setting looks crappy. If you can play medium or higher, you are definitely reaping the benefits of the eye-candy. You simply aren't gratifying yourself knowing that all the settings aren't at "Very High" when you can't really notice a very significant difference between "Very High" and just "High" (besides apparently the water and distant trees). I'm sure this will change once the 9000 series rolls around you just use eVGA's step-up program if possible. Otherwise you'll have to dish out the cash :/

Yeah, I've come to terms with that. I just wish they labeled things differently, like this:

Low ( = Current Low)
Medium ( = In between current Low and current Medium)
High ( = Current Medium)
Very High ( = Current High)
Maximum ( = Current Very High) *This option should also be allowed in XP

The "Maximum" would go well with the whole "Maximum Game, Maximum Armor, Maximum Speed, etc, etc.." Plus, it wouldn't be as demeaning for people who are playing "Medium" considering that medium is actually pretty visually good and what most people will play on anyway.

Any idea how the 8800GT performs with Crysis on 1280x1024 without AA or AF? edit// wow nevermind, I'm blind....

Hmmm... these benchs are run in Vista or XP? If it's Vista, then we can expect better numbers under XP, particularly since that DX10 features in DX9 config trick has surfaced

One last thing to add: Think the GTXs will decrease in price?

I don't know if I buy that. I got the 8800 GTS 640 mb and I am getting above 30 fps at 1680x1050 widescreen with high settings.

And, the 8800 gt is supposed to be cheaper and more efficient!?

I'm gonna sell my gts on ebay to some non-savvy folks and get one of those !

And these are in stock at newegg now

So is this card compatible with vista? because so far every review site has its "operation supported" listed only as XP.

wow... these things are most impressive... and i was hating on nVidia when i saw the g92 was gonna be an 8800gt... but after today no more recommending the gts's...

LOL LOL

No it is not fake

All the reviews are showing that 8800GT is better than 8800GTS and HD2900XT.

8800GT has 112 stream processors with high clock speed and shader speed. So logically, 8800GT should be much faster than 8800GTS

8800GT is by far the best video card for money. 8800GT is not only better than 8800GTS and HD2900XT in performance, but it is smaller in size, consumer less power, and it overclocks very well

Yeah I was joking. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom