XFX GeForce 8600 GT XXX Edition getting very hot please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xadian

Solid State Member
My idle temp is 59c for my GPU and if im playing Fear or Crysis Demo it gets up to 91c i don't think thats good for the card, any suggestion to make it cooler? by the way the card is stock i didn't mess with any setting yet. please help

Mybad for Double posting it was by mistake, well as far as air flow i have tuner card right next to my video card it's in PCI Express 1x slot. i still don't think it should make that much of differnce. thx for replying tho and again im sorry for Double posting.

if your case has good airflow (at least a couple 80MM's) and it's still overheating, I say RMA the thing, could just be a freak card.

if you don't have good airflow just cut some 120MM holes in your case and hook some 120MM fans up.

Don't exactly know, but when I'm stressing my VGA, the most it'll go is about 73°C. That's for my 7600GT, might be different with your 8600GT. The XXX edition is the Superclocked version, correct? Hmm, what you could do first before you RMA it is remove the fan, clean the stock thermal paste, and apply some AS5 or MX-1. Clean the stock thermal paste with some rubbing alcohol and coffee filters. I don't think it'll void the warranty.

yes it is the super overclock card and i took the side cover off i seems it's running little cool not much tho instead of 59c it's 58c idle and when playing Crysis demo it's 86c instead of 91c. maybe i just need to put a big fan. but the thing is it's 86c is still really hot. i don't know what to do. i guess i have to try AS5 or MX-1 to see if it makes a differnce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom