Help picking out parts for gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider for the case: Antec 900.
Motherboard: MSI P35 Platinum.
Memory: with the Corsair, get to 950MHz stable, you need to drop to 4-4-5-15. I dont know how well Ballistix performs so im just giving some numbers to compare with.
Raptors are a rip off.
You should wait for RV670s release in a few weeks. It would be stupid not waiting that little bit longer for a card that could offer so much more performance.
That PSU is good but you should also consider PCP&C 610 if you dont mind it being non modular.
the antec 900 is to small for me. I heard MSI is just nothing but problems. I might go with Cosair XMS2. Now that you say raptors are a off I will not get it then. I'll have to compare the price and specs of the 8800GT and RV670. That PSU is a bit expensive but I'll think about it. But if I get the 8800 GT I need a pcie 2.0 slot. Will it just work with a regular pcie slot? And what os should i get? Windows XP Home, Windows XP Media Center, Windows XP PRO 32 bit, or Windows XP Pro 64 Bit? Also where should i buy these parts I'm looking at Newegg, Ebay, and Clubit.

The 8800GT will work with the PCI-e x16 slot. You shouldn't think that a PSU is too expensive or too cheap. As what the Techies' Bible has stated "Thou shall not skimp on thy Power Supply".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom