Advice for motherboard I got

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rycon

Solid State Member
My boss recently gave me a new HP Dc5750 small form factor computer. Just the case and MBO, no ram, no CPU no HD no CD, but I do have power source and CPU heat sink.

http://www.electronicscout24.de/images/products/107/98/E_10798094.jpg
HP Compaq dc5750 Small Form Factor PC Large Enterprise Business
(Spec page, exept I cant figure out exactly what motherboard I have or what its compatible with?)

Currently I have a media center machine in my living room hooked up to a 36-inch tv, I use it for lan games or other entertainment purposes. It is a Dell demensions, P4 2ghz 1gig ram, geforce FX5200. It does the job ok but I was thinkin with a little money I could replace it with this DC5750.

My question is it worth upgrading? What CPU can/should I get? I was hoping to get a AMD X2 but I dont know if I can use it with that heatsink, I guess that plastic thing goes over the heatsink and theres a fan on the side that acts as the CPU cooler. What ram should I get, and lastly what graphics card
should i get.

I usualy buy all my parts from newegg.com, basicly im trying not to break the bank too bad here unless its really worth it, the MBO seems pretty good exept I hate small form factor. Its all SATA and PCI-E. It seems to me that this dc5750 is worth spending the money since its a fairly new computer and its not like spending money on some peice of junk. I scraped the Dell together from parts at my work for free really, does fine like i said but im always lookin to upgrade. Afterall its almost useless as its starting to top out on games like GTA SA and NFSU Carbon and such (Not even gonna try Halo 2 lol), yeah upgrading the gfx card would help but thats money down the drain right there.

Anyway any advice on my situation or technical specs would be great! Thanx!

Attachments

• dc5750.jpg
    dc5750.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 58
  • dc57502.jpg
    dc57502.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 56
  • dc57503.jpg
    dc57503.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 54
Go with a retail CPU... it will have a heatsink/fan with it.

As for GFX, your power supply will be what holds you back. The PSU is a whopping 240W.

What are my options for CPU? Im not really clear on this because ive never messed with AMD much, but it seems i cant upgrade to X2 cause I dont have that socket?

So this thing has low power huh, well I cant even find any small form factor graphics cards, newegg doesnt seem to have a filter for it, anybody know where to look?

Well I dont know if its proprietary, meaning UNIQUE to the motherboard? It is the original one from the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom