first case

Status
Not open for further replies.

compy

Daemon Poster
hey guys, i'm gonna be building my new comp soon. it's gonna be a mid level gaming comp. i was looking at the wingo thermaltake case. is this a good choice? if not what is?

It is my opinion that any thermaltake case is a good one.

Perhaps you could post a link that shows the case, then you might get more responses. :)

ok, thanks i'll post the thermaltake site, i'm deciding one these two. wich one is better for gaming? i'm going to have an AMDxp 2800 cpu so as i have heard they get hot. looks like tempeture control is a biggy with gaming comps. http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/WinGo/v7000d.htm http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/xaser3/v1000d.htm

what is a good fan to put on the cpu, it's going to be the AMDxp 2800+

what is the point of having contol over fans with nobs? how does the temp thing take tempatures?

i have the case in the 2nd link. I love it. I would think the purpose is for the noise. Liek if your playing a game.. you want it running at a high speed. If its night time and ur not on ur PC... turn it down. The only thing is... is the case in the 2nd link its really really heavy. Its like 42 LBS with nothing in it just the case. But if that does not matter to you then get it. Its a great case. Im thinking about getting a different case when i get the money. I like there new tsumai case. Also.. you wont have any problems with cooling eaither since it has i think like 7 or 8 fans in it. But if you like to be organized then your gonna need to organize the wires cause there are a lot of wires in there. You know.. 8 fans, 4 fan controllers ( i dont use).

I have had the Xaser III case for bout 6 months. It's a pretty good case but there are sum big downsides to it. First of all its really heavy and really big making transport virtually impossible. Second of all it has a lot of cables inside which basically takes away the reason for having a window and also limits airflow. I am now thinking of changing to the Antec Super Lanboy. Hope this helps.

Wish I had seen this earlier, get the latest Tsunami case from ThermalTake.

Whatever AMD CPU you get make sure it is unlocked. Older AMD XP2500+ CPU's (within the 40 week of manufacturing) over amazingly, getting from 1.83GHz to 2.2GHz with stock HSF (Heatsink and Fan).

Get urself a nice ThermalTake Volcano Xaser HSF and overclock your CPU by upto 400MHz.

Whatever case you get make it Aluminium(UK)/Aluminum(US), it is a LOT lighter, it will also reduce chasis temperature by a few degrees C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom