Upgrade for Crysis Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i played it on medium, not smooth all the time but most of the time, i put it on high and the difference is HUGE, its looks fantastic but unfortunately it puts my system on its knees on high lol

Well after hanging out at the official EA crysis forums for a while and arguing with everyone there for 3 or 4 hours. Seem's nothing you build will run crysis on high with a great 40+ish fps. My aspirations got torn down XD

but you can build a pc to run it on medium and enjoy the game for its gameplay and story. It'll still look great anyway. And with any luck the final release with be betetr optimized, or the 9 series will run dx10 better. Or they'll keep workign on optimization patches for it long after they release it. Which would rock.

Seems crysis will be the new extreme benchmarking game :)

Screw Crysis man, it is not worth a real big upgrade. If you can play all other games with reasonable frames per second than don't upgrade yet. Crysis is a computer killer and really isn't that impressive.

^ ya good thing.. but what was said in the second post, i was thinking the same thing, "First Halo 2 Vista, now Crysis..."

LOL yes you should. people with SLI's ultras can't get to 60fps with everything maxed, and that isnt even on 1920x1200.

shoulda read my last post before quoting the first^^

yeah I know, I usually avoid looking into games that are far off so I dont get all excited and have to wait forever. I just started looking into all the testing and crap over it. A bit aggrivating that you cant even push 40 FPS with an 800$ video card (what I paid back when I got it). Oh well no biggie. Still a good card, might be able to upgrade when the 9 series comes out anyway. I hope.

Edit~ woa those dudes in Evil Avatar forums are hardcore. Reading that whole thread gave me a headache. lol I'll never bicker again >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom