CPU temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
I get temps so low that I believe the sensors don't work right.

Is it possible to idle at about 26*C? I have seen it get down to 24* and even once I saw the sensor read 23*C.

Load goes up to 44*C.

I have not overclocked yet.

Everest, AIbooster (came with mobo), and BIOS.

Right now I'm at 31*C on both Everest and AIbooster cuz I'm working it pretty good.

The 44* was on an Orthos stress test for 30 minutes.

The main reason for this is I crash at about 3.35 Ghz when overclocking, and I don't think it is from temperature.

What should I expect to overclock an Athlon X2 6000 up to?

well... the amd x2 6000+ isn't much of an overclocker (i guess its the 90nm process or the 125w power consumption it has?)... i mean Apokalipse (he's a mod here) only could get like 3.5ghz ish with Water Cooling and with a Foxconn C51XEM2AA......

ehhh...thats ok i guess. Love the temps on it, but it is just a 3Ghz dual core to tide me over til Phenom. If its not good, I will officially give up on AMD and go over to the dark side.

I'm always waiting for stuff that hasn't come out yet.

And then I have socket AM2 when it does. Just like my last one was 939 and had to trash a perfectly good ABIT mobo.

i'm really sorry for your loss man.. but that processor is pretty fast... it can be used til the Phenom X4's come out...

Is there gonna be a big difference between AM2 and AM2+? I looked at the new technology on the AM2+, but didn't know exactly how it would affect performance.

I haven't looked at AM3 yet, I don't even know when that will be available. I am sure that will probably be quite a bit better than AM2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom