8800GT instock at zipzoomfly for $279.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this is tempting. I've been waiting until my bday (Nov 8) to get the 8800Ultra since I should get a good wad of cash from my relatives. But this is so affordable and smashes all cards except the GTX and Ultra, but comes **** near close to the GTX. Is double the price worth the extra 20 fps or so I get from the Ultra? Ugh!

*edit*
Maybe I should buy the 8800GT since it is so cheap and effective and then use the step up program from eVGA in a month or two for the 9000 series. That way I can get my DX10 performance on Crysis now and then get even better performance later. Whathca think?

The ultra gets Destroyed by crysis. the demo anyway. if i were in your shoes id get the GT and wait for the 9 series.

Im hoping XFX will help me out since I havent used my ultra yet ^^

I wonder if the GT is going to stay the same price or not. I'm looking forward to owning one. :( But it seems like it'll never happen. One thing I like about it is that it totally blows the 8800GTS 320mb and 640mb in the dust making me lose hope in getting the 8800GTS 320mb.

Well the 8800GTS 320mb was my goal before the 8800GT 512mb came out. So I'm guessing looking at some benchmarks for the 8800GT, it seems to be much better then the 8800GTS's.

Deadpixel said:
Why does XFX not have the 8800GT listed on the site?

Don't exactly know why either. I was checking out their site a few minutes ago, and nothing comes up about the 8800GT?

Akubane said:
oh gotcha. yeah from what I've seen its really great. I'm shocked at the price myself. I was expecting 400+ lol

Same here, thinking that the G92 chipset would make it more costly. But it seems great for a price it's at.

Don't exactly know why either. I was checking out their site a few minutes ago, and nothing comes up about the 8800GT?

Same here, thinking that the G92 chipset would make it more costly. But it seems great for a price it's at.

And no other computer store has the 8800GT listed and eVGA does not sell it yet either.

i want ti order it now but ima wait untill all of them ar released.

Is is easy to overclock a video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom