Windows Media Player Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamw19

Solid State Member
Whenever I play a video in windows media player I get these weird blocks and lines of yellow, orange, blue, and other colors in the video. I have tried looking for a solution to this problem and have tried changing the hardware acceleration in options to every setting still with no success. I even downloaded windows media player 10 beta to see if it may fix it. Still the same results. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Video and sound. The sound is fine. It's the weird displaying colors on the video. Happens with most all video formats also. Maybe .wmv's being the worst of them.

Thanks Lone Wolf. But is there anyway to still fix windows media player? Could it be some codec I have installed?

I'm running a GeForce 4 Ti4600 card and I don't think it would be the card. I tried playing some videos again in windows media player and now they worked fine. But when I open the .wmv or whatever file format on the internet to be buffered I get those strange colors.

So now this seems to be a problem with buffering. Any buffering settings I should check?

If it's acting up only with .wmv files, I doubt you could affect any repairs on it manually. Try playing it with another media viewer like the one I suggested. If the problem persists, it's mostly likely that the file itself is corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom