Antivirus - Kindly help me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avast also has a free anti virus I believe. Very good as well. Comodo has a free firewall that is also good. Check the virus area of the forum for a whole host of tools.

nod 32 is the best A/V. kaspesky isn't that far behind. I would not messed with ZA. for one thing, it a pain to configure especially if your systems has advanced networking. also a firewall doesn't stop a virus, but it can stop a trojan from phoning home. if you must have a 3rd party firewall, use vcom system suite 7.0 which has a great antivirus with it too.

but if you have a great A/V and a few great spyware programs (I'd add spysweeper to your computer) windows firewall is good enough

I'd have to agree with Eric that Nod32 is great. Very lightweight, but a good protection. I also decided to get Comodo firewall, since I've seen quite a few people recommend it.

I use NOD32 (love it) and Zone Alarm.

I also run checks with Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D every other week.

Never tried Spysweeper... is it good? Maybe I'll have to add that to my arsenal. Where do you get it?

As for free Anti-Virus programs though... I'd have to say AVG would be my favorite.

I think AVG is sufficient. I actually like Avast a little better. Avast wasn't nearly as "heavy on my system" as Norton and McAfee. AVG just had certain annoyances that Avast didn't have, but I think they are both good at detecting viruses.

I actually don't use an anti virus at all now. I'm careful of everything I do, and I have had no problems.

I typically listen to Pc Magazine when it comes to things like this. The magazine recommends Zone Alarm and Norton. I don't like Norton, it gave me horrible results. Personally I like Mc Affee, but Pc Magazine does not.

I typically listen to Pc Magazine when it comes to things like this. The magazine recommends Zone Alarm and Norton. I don't like Norton, it gave me horrible results. Personally I like Mc Affee, but Pc Magazine does not.

you got jokes. that exactly how norton took over the US market. it's a resource hog and it doesn't delete (or even detects) many viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom