Choosing between the 88000GTX or the 8800Ultra KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played crysis 6 months ago, with 4 gbs of ram, a C2E, and a 8800gts. The graphics were good, but I have a feeling it was at the game's lowest settings, you could notice that AA was off/low, and the viewable distance was short.
All in all, games like crysis, for some the lowest setting is high.

I think you should either:

1) buy evga, so you can step up.
2) wait.
(ninja edit.)
3) give me all your moneys.

yus i blew 800 CAD on an ultra XD now to find out im still going to have to tone down soem games. kinda lame. Wonder if I can return my ps5 delux for an sli board. wonder if sli'd ultras would even play it >.>

anyhow imho go with the 8800GT untill some better cards come out XD otherwise you might be disappointed throwing down a ton of money on an ultra so you can turn down some settings anyway :) i kinda am. but still no biggie cause the ultra still gives off some stellar performance. Depends if you want to throw down the cash or not.

yus i blew 800 CAD on an ultra XD now to find out im still going to have to tone down soem games. kinda lame. Wonder if I can return my ps5 delux for an sli board. wonder if sli'd ultras would even play it >.>

anyhow imho go with the 8800GT untill some better cards come out XD otherwise you might be disappointed throwing down a ton of money on an ultra so you can turn down some settings anyway :) i kinda am. but still no biggie cause the ultra still gives off some stellar performance. Depends if you want to throw down the cash or not.

What do you mean you had to tone down some games and turn down some settings?

"I'm still going to have to tone down some games" future tense. Sorry bad wordign on my part. Crysis itself can't be maxed out on sli ultras. so *IMO* I wouldnt waste the money on an ultra. buy a GT or Hold off completely untill the 9 series comes out, then hopefull things will turn out a bit better.

sorry if this sounds lame but if i have to wait 2 years just to be able to max the game out, im not gonna even bother playing it. 2 years from now i'm sure there'll be something a little more interesting out there.

The good thing about me gettin an ultra, is i can play fear, supreme commander and all that jazz just fine.

I was just stating IMO that if your building a crysis PC don't bother ^^ Unless they're going to do some Major optimizing before the full release, which still wouldn't change Too much. You could either buy a GT to wait it out.. Or start putting away some money now every week and get a high end 9 series card when its released.

I'm gonna see if xfx can do soemthing for me ^^ If not I might just sell the ultra and wait for the 9 series. card is still in the box and hasnt been used ^_^

*disclamer: Any views expressed above are all my opinion and mine alone. Nothing is backed up by concrete evidence and should just be taken as light suggestions. -Nothing said was meant to be offensive to anyone or anyone's machine. Simply trying to save a bit of possible money (dissappointment?) for you and anyone thinkin of building a pc for crysis (about 50% why I built/I'm building mine. It's nto the only game in the world.. Just one that I was lookin forward to. But if I have to throw it on medium to normal-high setting, DX10(half the awe-factor) turned off and no AA to run at 30fps.. well ya know lol ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom