Finaly got this computer down, what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet

In Runtime
Alright i am finally fairy confident in this build.

Case: Cool Master stacker 830 evo Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
Processor: E2180 (gonna throw it on my back up comp when the penryn's come out)
Mother Board: Asus Maximus Formula SE Newegg.com - ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA / SE LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
GPU: EVGA 8800Ultra
PSU: CORSAIR 620HX Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail
RAM: 4gb crucial ballistix Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Hard drives: 2x250gb WD caviar and a 750gb for data
DVD drive: LITE-ON LH-20A1L-06 20X DVD±R Dual Layer
Heat sink: thermalright ultra 120 extreme Newegg.com - Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler - Retail

With a g11 or g15 keyboard, G7 cordless mouse and a decent Xi-FI sound card when i decided which i want.

Only thing i really have left to consider is my OS. Since this will mainly be for gaming, its will be vista, and with 4gb of ram, probably looking at vista 64.
As well, since i will be doing raid 0 with my two 250gb, would i need a floppy drive? or could i use a flash drive?

yeah its a little on the pricey side, but it a monster overclocker and has a nice layout that i like. I was gonna go with the P5K deluxe but with a large ghx card like the 8800 it can block 2 sata ports and a PCI slot.

Get either Saitek Eclipse or G11 for the keyboard. And the new G5 with two thumb buttons, razer deathadder or Logitech MX518 for the mouse.

the saitek eclipse looks fugly to me. I will probably go with the G11, the LCD screen for the g15 will be useless for me as i have no real need for it. i was under the impression the G7 was the G5, just cordless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom