Graphics Card for 40" LCD ....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you get that info from? Not doubting you b/c I am sure you know more about this stuff than me but wikipedia says 1080i is that reso... If you are infact right then I wont even consider this as a pc monitor for long at all before I get a new display.

1080i and 1080p are both 1920x1080 resolution...which at that resolution a single 8800GTS can play the newest games around medium quality i would imagine.

here are some answers. The LCD Buyers Guide - XtremeSystems Forums look at the resolutions. I was wrong about the specific 1080i resolution, its actually 1440x810 stretched to 1080p. Now i'm not an expert on this, and exact details will be off. But 1080i isnt like 1080p because in 1080i mode, sources get "painted" on the screen sequentially: the odd-numbered lines of resolution appear on your screen first, followed by the even-numbered lines--all within 1/30 of a second. With 1080p, often called true HD, every line is displayed at the same time. I know what your saying though, before i looked into all this, i assumed 1080i was actually 1920x1080, thats misinterpeted information. Anything with interlaced is a much lower resolution, but since its interlaced at 1/30 of a second, the human eye cant see the flicker. But try it out, see how it looks, i have my screen at 720p and i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom