I've been inspired... my build log...

Status
Not open for further replies.
its so that the CPU and Heatsink are covered up evenly.. and it will result in lower temperatures....

then I guess I'll give it a shot... do you sand the cpu or the true120? and is it dangerous... i.e. is there a chance I could ruin either of them?

*edit*

and what kind of diff. in temps are we talkin?

it isnt simply just taking sanpaper to the cpu's ihs and the heatsink.

You need to use very fine sanpaper and work towards even higher grade sandpaper to get rid of all the scratches.

I would be hesitant to recommend you trying this for the first time on a what?, $500 dollar cpu...

Temp drop is minimal, a degree or two at best

but many people haven't had issues with the concave and convex issue.. ask b1gapl or advancedgeek

okay... that helps... I just read somewhere that one person was having trouble getting cpu temps down, and somebody recommended lapping the heatsink/cpu. but since there is even a minimal chance of throwing away $300 on a new cpu when I ruin this one, and the diff. is a degree or two, even a five degree diff. doesn't help me right now since I don't even have the whole thing running yet...

*update*

just thought I'd pop in and let you all know what's goin on with this build since last time...

got on newegg yesterday and got the eVGA's 8800GT 512MB ordered... and read that already by this morning they are sold out of the 8800GT's. good thing my bank account loves me, or at least can tolerate me... lol.

so that'll go in the cm stacker, once it gets here.

gotta take that 8800gts 320MB POS back to bestbuy... $320 including shipping, and newegg gave me the gt for under $300 including shipping...

also ordered the dual-joysticks I've been eyeing since I was there, the saitek ps27 cyborg evo, got two of them...

newegg also informed me that they ran out of the g5 battlefield 2142 special editions, and since they also don't accept backorders, I have to go get a regular g5... but no big... I'll just get the blue one and it'll match the glow from the keyboard, as well as the color scheme...

also thinkin of ordering a few more case mod products, like the rest of the colors of UV sleeving kits... but not sure on that

but I DO need some good headphones... noise canceling for flight-sim, and decent quality for music.... any ideas?

Lapped my e6750 and TT120, it dropped temps by 5 degrees. It is very tedious work. Fire up your machine, OC it to where you want it and if you cant get there because of temps then try lapping.

only problem w/ firing it up is that I'm waiting on the 8800GT I just ordered from newegg yesterday... but thanks for the info...

still looking for a decent wireless headset... possibly bluetooth, headphones/mic set-up... found one similar, but uses Infra-red, and it sucked in the reviews, so I'm still looking.. any ideas?

well, I got most of the stuff shipped yesterday... got pics but not w/ me right now, I'll post them later...

putting the true120 on was a BEAST... but I did it...

question... if the thermal paste is about the size of a quarter when I remove the heatsink to look at it, is that enough?

is the ultra 120 supposed to be able to wiggle a little, iven though I have the mounting screws snug?

the clips for the fan seemed... whats the word... inadequate... are they gonna be enough to hold the scythe 120mm fan I put on?

I think that's all for now... I'll post again later w/ some pics...

oh yea... one more thing before I go... I got 2 15" cold cathode light tubes... where should I mount those? again, pics are coming, but if you could look at pics of another stacker t01 case and tell me what you think, or if you have one and know of a good place to put them, I have 1 blue and 1 UV...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom