Restart at "verify dmi pool data"

Status
Not open for further replies.

powelli

Beta member
Problems!!!

Hiya, I'm hoping someone might know something to help me out of a rather messy situation.
It will not boot up at all. Whne I switch it on, it gets to the stage of displaying "Verifying DMI pool data", and then promptly restarts itself, and continues in this loop for as long as I care to leave it.
I'm running an ABIT AN7, with 512 Corsair memory and a single Maxtor 160Gb DiamondMax Plus9 Serial ATA drive.
I have tried a whole host of things to try and solve this problem, such as setting the bios back to it's fail safe defaults. I have also tried plugging the hard drive in to a mates computer, and he can access the data on it, though I did not try booting from it with his system.

Has anyone heard of problems such as his before? I'm not sure whether the problem is hardware or software, or whether it is to do with the BIOS, motherboard or hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Cheers, Simon

Start with minimum boot. Remove everything but your video card, 1 stick of Ram and HDD. If you have only one stick of RAM and it does the same thing, try it in a different slot. Then, plug in the remaining hardware one at a time until you find what's wrong. Hopefully, it's not your MOBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom