Microphone not recording, hardware prob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solacer

Solid State Member
I plugged my standard PC mic into the back of my computer in the matching red hole, brought up audio recorder and tried to record. Nothing happened. I figured my mic was broken and bought a new one. It too didn't work. I installed new audio recording software and that didn't work either. I really need to use my mic.. what could be the problem? What are my options?

go to Sound Taskbar Icon, Double Click, go to Options Change the dot to Recording, make sure Microphone is checked, hit ok, increase the Volume for Microphone, and make sure Select is checked.. and then try again... this worked for me... report back if it doesn't work for you

Ok, go to volume control

Then, go to options.

Select recording.

then turn your mic up in that control panel.

How does that work.

All the volume panels I managed to find I turned up..

But I was messing around some more and I managed to get some noise to record.. it's only static but it's progress! I'm seeing two ways to manage sound properties: through control panel -- sounds and devices, and edit -- audio properties from the Sound Recorder software that came on my PC. Is there anywhere else I can find more sound properties to mess with?

Wow this is exactly the same problem as im having! Try to go volume control- rear/front (depending on which your using) pink in, advanced, and check microphone boost. It sounds horrid, but at leasy you can hear what your trying to say. This is as far as I have come to solving the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom