Help picking out parts for gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
so should I get a p35 or x38 motherboard and if I go with p35 should I get abit Ip35 pro or gigabyte p35-ds3r? I've been looking at the Coolermaster Stacker 832 is this case really worth the money or should I stick with Thermaltake Armor? Thanx

ip35 pro is a better overclocker... and it has crossfire capability...

so you'd be better off comparing a p35-ds3p and an ip35 pro

or a p35-ds3r vs an Abit IP35

X38 boards are still pretty pricey, 250$+. if your not planning on doing a lot of overclocking its not worth it.

ok thanxs bro so this is what I have in mind so far:
Case: Cooler Master 830 or Thermaltake Armor
Motherboard: Abit Ip35 Pro or Gigabyte p35-ds3p
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 GO Stepping Conroe 2.66 Ghz
CPU Cooling: Zalman 92mm CPU Fan/Heatsink
Memory: Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 or Cosair XMS2 DDR2 800
Hard Drive: Western Digital Cavair SE 400 GB and mabey Western Digital Raptor X 150 GB
Video Card: 8800
PSU: CORSAIR HX CMPSU-620HX 620W GT
What do you guys think?

Tthat setup looks awesome to me. ^^ I'm a big fan of the q6600 but that wont make any difference. going with the new 8800GT comin out?
great power supply btw XD i cant wait for mine to come in.

ok thanxs bro so this is what I have in mind so far:
Case: Cooler Master 830 or Thermaltake Armor
Motherboard: Abit Ip35 Pro or Gigabyte p35-ds3p
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 GO Stepping Conroe 2.66 Ghz
CPU Cooling: Zalman 92mm CPU Fan/Heatsink
Memory: Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 or Cosair XMS2 DDR2 800
Hard Drive: Western Digital Cavair SE 400 GB and mabey Western Digital Raptor X 150 GB
Video Card: 8800
PSU: CORSAIR HX CMPSU-620HX 620W GT
What do you guys think?

Consider for the case: Antec 900.
Motherboard: MSI P35 Platinum.
Memory: with the Corsair, get to 950MHz stable, you need to drop to 4-4-5-15. I dont know how well Ballistix performs so im just giving some numbers to compare with.
Raptors are a rip off.
You should wait for RV670s release in a few weeks. It would be stupid not waiting that little bit longer for a card that could offer so much more performance.
That PSU is good but you should also consider PCP&C 610 if you dont mind it being non modular.

nice build, i'm getting the cool master stacker myself, its a bit pricey but you wont be dissapointed. Vaanish is right about the raptors, they are a rip off, you could easily do what i am doing and hook up two 160-250gb drives in raid 0 for less, and have higher performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom