e6850 vs. q6600??

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime_dude07

In Runtime
I currently have the e6850, but thinking of scrapping that and going with the q6600... any thoughts on this? is it better to stick w/ what I got because of the higher clocked speed and the better FSB? or is the quad core better than the dual, even though it is clocked lower and has lower FSB?

eh its cool.. the search doesn't work when you type "e6850 vs q6600" but when you reverse it.. you get a lot of stuff.. but i copied and pasted the threads..

but i forgot to mention the q6600 has double the cache of the e6850..

i know it was probably one of the dumbest questions I have asked so far, but vernon told me on another thread I started (I seem to have started more than neccasry... oops... sorry again... any way to delete them?) that the q6600 was what I should have done...

but to do this would run up another $300 on the already towering tab of this build... the only thing I could do at that point is sell the e6850... but I didn't want to have to do that....

so hopefully by the time games are converted to supporting quad-cores my whole build will be obsolete and I will have to start COMPLETELY from scratch, at which time I will consult this forum BEFORE making any purchase...

^ thats next month... when Crysis comes out.. I don't think you wanna build that quickly ;)

but that's just one title that'll be quad-core supported... I mean when dual-cores are obsolete... basically when most-all games are quad-core running...

but the e6850 wasn't that bad of a choice after all, no?

its not a bad choice.... its just that you could have gotten two more cores with double the cache for less price..

well... it's already here, opened, and installed on the mobo, so it would be throwing away $300 to upgrade to the q6600 at this point, unless I can find a buyer willing to put up w/ the fact that I already opened it, which I highly doubt...

so the e6850 it is for me then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom