slow SATA HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
well few months ago i decided to get a SATA drive, i had an IDE drive that had Ubuntu on it , so i installed windows on the SATA and set it to boot and everything worked fine , until one day when the drive performance just went down hill and the drive was really slow ..everything took a long time to open or even boot, so i thought that the drive is going to die and got a new one.
again i reformatted both drive and installed windows on the SATA and made the IDE a backup drive ....again the SATA performance isn't as bad the old SATA but still my IDE is faster ...i tried everything i could think off..drivers ..bios...but nothing worked ..until i unplugged the IDE thats when the SATA worked fine..any ideas to how can i run both or at least what might be the problem ?

Jumpers weren't removed, were they? It's probably running at 1.5GB/s. Removing it will run at 3.0GB/s.

both drives had the jumpers removed...
ImageShack - Hosting :: 250satacm1.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 160satalv0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 120atase9.jpg

i ran HD tach and here is what i got ...does this look right to everyone?why is the average read for all 3 drives including the ATA are around the same range?even the sequential read time for is around the same? i mean i might be wrong here but i thought that the SATA should triumph over the ATA?any ideas....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom