a choice between graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
no... lots of games from 360 were ported over to pc and lost quality... such as Condemned.... that game looks way better on 360

game originally made for 360... transfered over to pc.. end up looking like crap.....

really? i guess being a different system u would always have things to sacrifice going from one to another, just like porting from pc to x360 where alot is lost.

HAHAHA yaaa, fear is the perfect example of that... look like uuter crap on 360...

lol yeah my friend was running fear on his celeron D system with a 6800GS i think nearly or maxed out and after seeing sumone else play it on their brand new xbox couldnt help but laugh.

No, it doesn't make any huge increase in any game

ATI claimed that it make huge difference

But the many reviews are showing that ATI claims are noting but a lie

Here is benchmark for Catalyst 7.10 vs 7.9
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1202/4/page_4_benchmarks_half_life_2_episode_one_hdr/index.html

Now tell where are the huge increase that you are talking about ? I don't see any increase !!! Actually in some games like prey, Catalyst 7.10 was performing worse than Catalyst 7.9

here we go with the evil amd/ati conspiracy theory, lol.
from 7.9 to 7.10 i saw framerate increases in BF2, MOHA, FEAR, COH, and one old MOH game i play sometimes.
the increase in framerates is BF2 were substantial. the increase in framerates in FEAR were really substantial (20+). is that not considered a huge increase? if you were getting 40FPS and now you are getting 63FPS (arbitrary numbers), is that not considered a "huge" increase? the increases in the other games were indeed increases, because thats what it is when you have an addition of framerates, and increase. lol.
now, since we are getting into the benchmark war once again, here's some for you:
ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT - techPowerUp! Forums
compares HD2900XT + @ OC and an 8800GTX.
this was apparently done on the authors system, and he was using 8.37 catalyst and 91.47 nvidia, which i think? was the second to latest release.
now, on some games the 8800gtx is smokin. on others (such as FEAR), it loses. and on most that it beats the 2900, it isnt by very much. now, im not saying that HD2900pro beats a 8800GTS 320 stock for stock. riddle me this though...tell me who has one that hasnt flashed the bios to XT? and as an XT, it competes with an 8800GTX (at least in these benchmarks), so i would correctly assume that flashed as an XT, it totally smokes a GTS 320, and goes toe to toe with the 640 at non-ridiculous resolutions. you cant tell me that im wrong, no matter how much you hate AMD. dont be so upset that ATI actually hit a homer with this card, man. now, while the HD2900Pro is flashed to an XT, it is still a Pro. or so the sticker says. its the EXACT same card as an XT once you flash the bios. so, in essence...a HD2900pro DOES beat an 8800GTS 320 at stock, because a stock XT beats a stock 8800GTS and my Pro runs stock XT and thinks it is an XT, but its really a pro, acting like an XT, looking like a pro, but telling GPUz that it is an XT. lol.
as far as benchmarks go, i take them with a grain of salt. i have the card and i SEE the increase ON MY OWN SYSTEM. that says more to me (as it should to you but probably not you benchmark junkie lol...i say that lovingly) than a benchmark performed by someone who is not sitting in my chair using the exact same specs. hopefully that answers your question of "where are these huge increases".
as far as the complexity of the card yes i read an interesting article about it last night and i will try to find it to ease your suspicions that i am in leauge with the devil AMD and spreading these terrible lies. i know part of it has to do with the memory bandwidth (106 GB/s wo0t he(( yeah) and the shader processors...the way they are set up is different and more complex than nvidia's, which is part of the reason the drivers were such a nightmare before. i promise dude, im not just making it up lol.
actually this isnt it but it is similar in explaining the architecture:
Radeon HD2900XT – hopes that haven't come true, and fundamental innovations
i can try to find the original article i read if needed. it is a bit more detailed and technical.
p.p. mguire...the drivers didnt make it a monster...it already was. the drivers are just feeding the beast a little more each release.
as far as drivers sucking, i haven't had any more problems than i did with my nvidia cards. but, as i have said before...i do not like the user interface nearly as much with ATI. i think i have decided to live with that. unless the 8800GTX comes down in price to under 350 ish, then i will buy one of them. because i still love nvidia.
in any event, i will be completely shocked if the 8800gt performs as well as these dubious benchmarks propose.
if it does, i'll be gettin me one or two (i buy impulsively and i love it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom