~~*3DMark 8800 GT vs 8800 Ultra comparison*~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe this is designed to compete with the new ati cards? with a card that cheap that does so well, why look at anything else?

a card that cost 143$ being around 20%
How did the price go from $250 to this? Yea, its going to cost around $300 not 143. Where did you see 143? These benchies are real, and they seem more realistic becasue you people dont want to look at the fact that its better than both GTS's. Nvidia has a gold mine with this card, just face it.

Yea, but the Ultra would be ideal b/c you wouldn't need a sli board and you would have the option to upgrade later to another ultra... and the fact that also the ultra would consume less power and produce less heat... If it were me I would just buy a single 8800GT

i dont think these will be as cheap as people are expecting. i doubt they go for less than $400-425 to start.

Wrong.

Remember Conroe? The move to 65nm really saved Intel in that it gave great performance for cheaper production, while running altogether more efficiently. Not to mention, Nvidia could be making a minimally marginal profit on these boards, but knows that they will make a killing off of sales because of their already huge popularity and superb performance.

^ exactly... the lower the manufacturing process... the lower the Manufacturing cost and Die Size... which its so dang cheap.. and probably gonna be really overclockable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom