Rosewill Powersupplys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was referring to this:
Newegg.com - XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P3 550W ATX12V 550W Power Supply 100-240V / 200-240V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail

Here are some I'd personally recommend, though they are noticeably more expensive than that:
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

I know how to recognize a good power supply based on stats... but finding one from a good brand that won't give out in four months is out of my class. As someone said, check the Power Supply Guide Sticky to get a general idea of good brands.

I think he was referring to this:
Newegg.com - XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P3 550W ATX12V 550W Power Supply 100-240V / 200-240V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail

Here are some I'd personally recommend, though they are noticeably more expensive than that:
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

I know how to recognize a good power supply based on stats... but finding one from a good brand that won't give out in four months is out of my class. As someone said, check the Power Supply Guide Sticky to get a general idea of good brands.

i was... thanks Veedub :)

So basically if a power supply is not good it will not output as much power or will increase the chances of my system being short circuited?

basically whats the difference between a 200 dollar power supply vs 50 one.

]

Quality of Components, the better the quality the more stable the power output will be. The less ripples in voltages and amperage and the less likely that the power supply will die, and if it does, the less likely it will take other parts with it.

i run the xtreme 750

i've had absolutely no problems...you cant make a claim that a product is worthless until you've actually used it and had major problems out of it.

i think they are great PSU's for the money. mine is everything i need it to be and more.

i think alot of the prices are for the higher end name brands, when the internals are the same on a 50 PSU.

like sora said if ur gonna by high spec comp get a good quality psu.

thou shall not skimp on psu - techies bible

thou shall not skimp on psu - techies bible

i think you mean "forum bandwagon"

and how it is skimping? mine is perfectly fine..the internals of a PSU aren't going to be any different from model to model. they are all made in teh same chinese plant and imported with different names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom