Athlon 64 Or INtel P4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm.... somewhere in those benchmarks the Amd 64 3500 and 3800 seem to be missing what happened to them??

Hmmm - From what I've heard is AMD is better for Gaming and Intel is better "all around" and multiprocessing. Though for gaming I think it's already so advanced that you wont be able to tell a difference between a 3.4ghz and a AMD 64 right now playing UT2k4 or whatnot. I am a Intel fan but maybe for right now AMD is the better buy. Both companies continue to advance at a very rapid rate and I support both (I'm buying stock in both of these :). Also I've heard the actual number speed (2.2ghz, 3.4ghz, 1.6ghz) is getting less relevant and other things like memory are what causes a significant amount of how things are running. But I dunno...lets the competition go on

-Ike

edit: it was on my mind and starting a thread would be a little pointless, I know HL2 gets delayed...alot - but what is the most recent release date now?

Alright guys, heres the truth: Both Intel and AMD are basically the same in performance. Anyone that says AMD performance is better in games "by far" is a fanboy. The difference is negligible, maybe 3-4% at the most. If you're an overclocker, then obviously the cool-running Northwood Pentium 4 will have an advantage with overclocking when compared to an overclocked AMD, and post-overclocking will probably outperform the AMD. 64-bit is simply a marketing ploy by AMD. There is no real imperative for software coders to write in 64-bit. and there won't be in the near future. The 2 GB memory limit hasnt even come CLOSE to being reached. Even after the 64-bit version of Windows comes out, few programmers will have any reason to code in 64-bit. 32-bit software will work perfrectly fine for at least the next 10 years, although I expect a mainstream transition into 64-bit when Intel releases a 64-bit processor, which will probably happen in the next 4 years. If you get a Pentium 4 computer now, it will last you at least 4-5 years. Even when 64-bit Windows is introduced, the vast majority of software and games will be in 32-bit for a long time. Therefore, I think that Intel has an edge over AMD at the current time. Although the new Prescott runs hot, tests and reviews I have seen show that it overclocks even farther than the Northwood!

but, price comes in to, you can get and intel cpu and then you can get the equivelent amd and the amd will be less. and i'm not a fan boy, i hapen to favor intel because i grew up on intel, i'm just going by the facts.

Yes I grew up on Intel also, but what I dont understand is why you guys have to rag on Intel so much? Why get so emotional about it? yeeesh

lol, they are geting realy emo about a cpu, just stick with what works for and you'll do fine :)

PRAISE THE LORD! can i get an ahmen! AHMEN. let it shine jesus, let it SHINE. lol, the preacher is in town. lol.

hahaha, i know how that can be...lol ie, when the compuet doesn't work and i can't figure it out, there is lighting storms of cussing, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom