~~*3DMark 8800 GT vs 8800 Ultra comparison*~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading that the GT is really nice, but I haven't been keeping up. Can someone explain to me, technically, why the GT is so good?

65nm die, PCIe 2.0, g92, higher clock speeds, 16 more shaders, and ultimately better OC capabilty. Don't forget bang for the buck!

I MAY just buy a 8800gt half the price of a GTX and merely 17% decrease in performance compared to the ultra!

65nm is really why it shines. It provides more OC ability while producing less heat and costing less to produce. Those extra shaders really give it some kick too.

i'm highly suspicious of those results...a card that cost 143$ being around 20% less powerful then a 600$ card. but then again , according to 3DMark06 , the HD 2900 XT is about as fast as a 8800 GTX in games , which it isn't , when you turn AA on . I guess i will wait for the results that come out of the actual games they will be playing.

XD dropp 800 on mine after shipping ; ;. Though one thing I don't understand is if this card will be so cheap, it's just the same as crusifying their other expensive cards. (GTX & Ultra). I can't imagine the sales on the ultra were crazy high to begin with, but noone in their right mind would pay for one now ^^ cept me i guess, noone said I was in my right mind though. lol noone's heard anything about them just discontinuing the ultra eh? Unless they plan to cut the price some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom