Hitting a overclocking wall. Any advice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
I had a thread like this before but I was using stock hsf and had higher temps. Now I have a new CoolerMaster Hyper TX2 hsf and have been trying to overclock my skt939 amdx2 3800 with it. I can run 2.8ghz with 1.2v at ~45* for 8 hours. Problem is I can't go any higher, even if I set it to 1.4v it will fail orthos after 6 minutes and get to 54*.

I've tried loosening the timings on the ram with no luck. The ram is running a 3/5 divider but I've been told thats okay on this kind of chip, is it?

Is there anything else I could try?

I've tried 1.2, 1.25, 1.3, 1.35, 1.4 voltage all fail after ~6 minutes. I'm not sure how high I can go safely but if I can higher than I'll try that.

Sighhhh I'm afraid you guys are right. 1.425 allowed for me to run it for 12 minutes but it still failed and I don't want to try any more volts since it was peaking at 60*. When I started overclocking the chip I got my hopes up for a 3.0ghz since I can run 2.8 with lower than stock volts. Now I'm sad I wasted so much time tweaking everything when the very first time I turned the chip on I had 2.8ghz since I forgot to take off my overclock from my last chip.

Oh well at least my video card runs cooler now that I have the case temps down.

But I still need to know if having a 3/5 ram divider is ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom