Everest wont show GPU temps in Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
as title, it worked fine in xp but for some reason when i installed Vista last week ive got no GPU temps on it?

Is there another small programme that WILL work in vista and show all my system temps? cpu, gpu and hard drive

I wouldn't say GPU but cpu, board, hard drive temps come right off the sensors with two different freewares. SpeedFan is one found at Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer The download link for the latest 4.33 version is the yellow name in the second paragraph seen there.

A more reliable System Info for Windows(SIW) utility also provides a complete breakdown on hardwares, softwares, and system information in general as well as a "sensors" option under hardwares. That's free at SIW on PC World

163.75 but in DXDIAG the drivers are not WHQL logo'd, do you think that might be why?

On the nVidia site are the drivers WHQL certified? Not all drivers released from nVidia are WHQL Certified. Some of the Vista drivers have to be WHQL certified adn WDDM certified. Just so they can function correctly for gaming and Vista correctly.

Plus are you sure Everest is Vista compatable?

On the nVidia site are the drivers WHQL certified? Not all drivers released from nVidia are WHQL Certified. Some of the Vista drivers have to be WHQL certified adn WDDM certified. Just so they can function correctly for gaming and Vista correctly.

Plus are you sure Everest is Vista compatable?

well all i play really is Battlefield 2142, and that runs fine with these drivers, and you know how picky 2142 is.

Ive know idea if Everest is Vista compatible but the guy above says he has no problems so im guessing he uses Everest and Vista together? plus it does work fine it just doesnt show my GPU temps, if it wasnt compatible then im sure it wouldnt even load up

Everest I thought no longer saw a freeware version you could download. At this time that would the older release and most likely not fully compatible for Vista. PC Wizard is one more commonly used at this time for both XP and Vista as well as the others mentioned earlier.

Apparently there still is a freeware version of Everest. Upon looking over the page for PC Wizard at softpedia.com you can see the links for Everest and other freewares including the SIW tool seen at Download PC Wizard 2008 1.80 - Powerful system information utility designed especially for detection of hardware - Softpedia

PC Wizard was just tried on Vista Home Premium here with the results seen in the screenshot below showing the ATI card's temps along with others plus voltages and fan speeds. Give that one a try there.

eyeCpc awesome thanks alot, that programme shows my GPU temps and everything else, infact its actually better than Everest as it shows more infomation

yeah ive got ntune but its a pain in the arse loading up nvidia control panel just to check one temp, this pc wizard programme is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom