system mechanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using System Mechanic for about 18 months now, on every OS, always just deleted whatever it finds and never had a problem. It is actually a lot better that Nortons for registry cleaning. Ran Nortons once after a format and everything I usually use was reinstalled, then ran SysMechanic, it found just over 80 files that Norton's missed.

I had System Mechanic installed on my old comp running win95 and seemed to doing a great job. One day something was eliminated and could not click to another link just came up blank until I stopped and did a refresh. Never could get it to run right. If there was a link on the web page I couldn't get to it unless I did the refresh bit. I am leary about getting it installed on this new Computer.

Not sticking up for System Mechanic on this one, but I would imagine that anyone could have this trouble with any registry cleaning programs. Doing anything with the registry is a tricky thing. It doesn't mean that it would happen again on your new system. I hope not :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom