Windows Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebell07

In Runtime
Windows has started behaving very strangely. The desktop icons and toolbar keep disappearing leaving me with a blank screen. I can access any open programs from the task manager but that it is it. I think it is a problem with explorer but I can not seem to fix the problem.

Any advice would be welcome.

In the task manager go to run and type in explorer.exe and that will bring that stuff back.

Thanks, tried it. The icons and bar came back but not to stay. If I click 'My documents' the folder window opens then after 2 seconds everything disappears again.

Sounds like, for whatever reason, windows and explorer.exe continue to encounter problems, because of some instability and therefore freeze and crash.

Post a hijackthis log.

Look up memtest and run it for a few hours.

Have you added any new hardware or software lately?

As Ste said. Windows is having massive problems. If Explorer keeps crashing then there is something wrong. Post a HiJack This log and we will see whats going on.

Uninstall all programs/ drivers related to the old netgear wireless card. Reinstall any driver or software related to homeplug.

That wouldnt cause explorer to crash as often as it is. Have you scanned for viruses, psyware and malware?

Well the trojans would be a problem that could cause this. You could be even more infected. I would suggest you find some online scanners as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom