Graphics Card for 40" LCD ....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjm0827

Baseband Member
Hey guys I am new to the forums. I am going to be building a new gaming rig soon and the only part I'm still not sure about is the graphics card. I want to use my new Samsung 40" LCD (720p,1080i). I want to try and keep my rig around $1000 and be able to play all games at med-high settings and decent resolutions. Will this work out ok or should I invest in a 24"ish monitor down the road? I don't hear many people using displays like this so I'm not too sure. HELP?!

I'd go with the 24". Youll get higher resolutions and you wont have to sit 5 feet away from your screen to see anything.

Yea I was planning on a 8800gt just wasn't sure if that would be ok at a resolution of 1920x1080.

I'm running an 8800gts at 1920x1200 with no issues so the GT should be able to handle it just fine.

Cool, that's what I was hoping to hear. Kinda funny my monitor costs more than the pc I'm building..

there will no doubt be some games that will make the 8800GT struggle at 1920x1200....you might want to consider an SLI motherboard just in case you want to throw another one in later.

At such high resolutions SLI is an ok idea.

With the 8800gt's being so affordable that's a good idea. But by the time I had the cash to buy a second one a newer card will probably be out that will do better than 2 8800gt's I'm sure. Wouldn't I be better selling the 8800gt then and just upgrading to the better single card?

As above dont use a screen as big as 40" for a pc, i mean just browsing the net and talking on windows live messenger slouching on the couch would be fine, but sitting near the keyboard playing games.......... it just wouldnt be very good.
Get a good brand 20" or if you really must have something huge get a 22" or 24", agian as said above a 8800GTS 640mb would be fine but get the 8800GT as that seems to be faster in benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom