Temps for Q6700 vs. QX6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMaestro said:
My question is whether my load temps on the two higher cores is 100% safe, and whether spiking above 70C occasionally will affect the CPU?

Spiking above 70C occasionally, isn't dangerous. As long as it doesn't run like that, at load, the whole time.

Your load temperatures, after 10 minutes of Prime95, are safe as well.

Thanx b1gapl.

I'm a newbie, but I might try lapping the heatsink and CPU to get the temps a little lower. Everyone says the TRUE120 is concave. BTW, I'm in Columbus Circle ... where are you?

Thanx b1gapl.

I'm a newbie, but I might try lapping the heatsink and CPU to get the temps a little lower. Everyone says the TRUE120 is concave.

Lapping....make sure you do all the research on that topic, as you can, if this is your first time.....because if done wrong, you can actually make it worse.

BTW, I'm in Columbus Circle ... where are you?

w00t! A fellow New Yorker. I'm in Queens.

Any thoughts on lapping the CPU in addition to the CPU cooler?

lol...I don't think you should lap the CPU yet, until you're very confident and certain of yourself, that you can do it correctly. I'd rather have a messed up heatsink, than a messed CPU.

i guess u would have to make sure u do not make the cpu crooked at all it has to be as flat as possible for maximum contact. also u dont want to go too far into the cpu, i think most ppl go down to the copper.

Yes, the point of lapping the CPU, is to lap off the IHS, to expose the copper.

Amazing results guys. I lapped both a TRU 90i and my processor. It took a long time. I just sat in front of the TV and lapped for several hours with water and waterproof sandpaper. I sanded both surfaces to 1000 grit. It lowered my idle temps from about 47C to 39C-40C. Of course that's also going from an unlapped TRUE 120 to a lapped TRU 90i.

BTW, I also used ShinEtsu instead of AC5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom