Help picking out parts for gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vip3r

Solid State Member
Hi everyone I'm going to build a new pc to replace my old pc I'm running now. First off this will be my first build but I have researched alot and know the process and parts I need for the build. My budget is around $1,500 USD. The pc is going to be for gaming entirely. I rather miss out on performance now and have a pc that is very upgradable for newer better parts. I have heard AMD is very good for gaming but I see that the Intel has a wide range of cpu's to upgrade. I cannot find much info on the x38 chipset for intel so I don't know if I should get it if I choose an Intel cpu. For cases I would like to go with a full tower atx case with alot of room, made of allunium, and has a window side panel. For video cards I would like to have a card that would run BF2 and mabey COD4 on highest settings with no or very little lag. I've been looking into mostly nVidia but I dont mind having ATI. I'm not going to do any overclocking at all but I want a very stable mobo that is upgradable for newer parts. I dont mind going with onboard sound but it would be nice to get an Xfi soundcard. I rather have a psu that is sielnt and has modular cables and mabey 80 plus efficent. I want to have 2 gb of DDR2 800 or + ram or mabey if budget allows DDR3. I hope this is enough info for the parts. Thanks

for that budget, a Q6600 G0 stepping
ballistix 800
evga ultra
gigabyte p35 ds3r
if you need a harddrive, a WD or seagate
im running on just a basic Ultra, but ive heard of the corsair 620 being really good.
Im not an expert on soundcards, but my onboard sounds **** nice.

For bf2, almost any recent card can run that, and a 8800gts (bout 300 bucks) can run that, but an ultra at if i remmeber 700 is the top of the line and will run all on max

for that budget, a Q6600 G0 stepping
ballistix 800
evga ultra
gigabyte p35 ds3r
if you need a harddrive, a WD or seagate
im running on just a basic Ultra, but ive heard of the corsair 620 being really good.
Im not an expert on soundcards, but my onboard sounds **** nice.

For bf2, almost any recent card can run that, and a 8800gts (bout 300 bucks) can run that, but an ultra at if i remmeber 700 is the top of the line and will run all on max
he seems like a big first person shooter kind of guy...
if he is he should get a dedicated 24-bit sound card....prefferable containing an x-fi crystalizer!!! its **** sweet

X-FI freakin sucks dude and if you need any kind of support from Creative you can forget about it.

For BF2 and CoD4 what i have is perfectly fine and can max out with 8xS AA and 16xAF. You only need a really high end system for the upcoming games like Alan Wake, Crysis, and UT3. Its obvious you can get an awesome machine right now with that kinda budget.

i'm sorry but plz dont recommend your own build....it has a maxtor and DDR ram and athlon x2 :/
besides he wants a $1,500 that he can upgrade in the future

thanx all for the advice I just have a one question do you guys think the 8800GT will be better then the Ultras, GTX's, and GTS's. I rather go with XP over Vista and which XP should I get home or professinal and if you guys pick pro should I get the 32bit or 64bit version? Oh and yea I'm a FPS guy, I need a new pc this old HP m1170n is not for gaming my specs are: ASUS PTGO1-LA motherboard, Intel Pentium 4 HT clocked @ 3.0GHz, 512 MB DDR 553 Ram (I think),Asus Ati Radeon X300 video card, Seagate Barracuda 200 GB 7200 rpm HD. (Please don't laugh at my specs.) Oh and were do you guys get your parts from. I've been looking at newegg and ebay

The ultra is going to reign supreme for a few more months until nvidia releases their flagship 9x00. But im hoping the ultra will come down a little when the gt releases. I was looking around earlier and clubit has an msi ultra OC edition on sale for 569 AR.

I'm hearing a lot of mixed reviews on that DQ6. I know he said he wont be overclocking it, but if he did choose to do so i have heard not many people can get a Q6600 past 3.2ghz. whereas on the maximus people have hit 3.8ghz easy and stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom