Not open for further replies.

dave39

In Runtime
Guys, I have the following components for a build that I am working on:

Intel E2180
Ultra 120 Extreme
Gigabyte P35 DS3L
2GB Crucial Ballistix

I need to get a PSU and think I will get the Corsair 520W and then grab an 8800GT when they are released. I just can't decide on a case though. I am willing to spend up to $160.00 for it. My primary concern is fitting the Ultra 120 in. I looked at the Antec 900 but it seems just a little too tight for my comfort level. Can you guys help me decide on one please?
Thanks

I have the same TRU120E/ Antec 900 combination. It fits fine, with the HSF right up to the side panel. The only problem, is that there is no room for the side mounted 120mm fan (the muppets at antec would have you mount it in a diamond arrangement, rather than square). I suspect a bracket mod to allow square fitting, or fitting the TRUE such that it exhausts to the large top fan, and having your HSF fan sucking rather than blowing, would open up enough room to all this to be fitted, however. Just haven't got around to trying!

I second the gigabyte aurora. Saw it in person and its a really nice quality case. Dave, is that the highest OC you could obtain with the E2180? What was your max OC?

I second the gigabyte aurora. Saw it in person and its a really nice quality case. Dave, is that the highest OC you could obtain with the E2180? What was your max OC?

Third, I haven't even installed it onto the mobo yet man. That will be the minimum overclock that I will accept with it though. If it won't hit 3.5GHz than I will be buying something else shortly after. I will post results for sure though as soon as I get everything together. I am still waiting on a PSU, GPU, and Case.

Third, I haven't even installed it onto the mobo yet man. That will be the minimum overclock that I will accept with it though. If it won't hit 3.5GHz than I will be buying something else shortly after. I will post results for sure though as soon as I get everything together. I am still waiting on a PSU, GPU, and Case.

Yea I'm waiting on the 8800gt right now. Just ordered my Thermalright too. I wanna hit 4 ghz.

Let me know how you make out with it man. Just PM me if you want concerning your results. I will do the same for you. I haven't had too many people tell me that 4GHz is possible with air cooling but if we can do it than that would be pretty **** sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom