Mobo for dodgy Desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Okay, im sick of not having a PCI-E slot and having to find a PCI video card. I know that half of you will freak out when i tell you what pc i want to upgrade because its probably the least 'workable' desktop ever.

Dell Dimension 1100

:freak:​

So, now what i want is help from this amazing community. Is there a motherboard that can take a Pentium 4 CPU (2.8ghz) but has the ability to be upgraded later on for a Core 2 Duo/Quad?

The reason is im trying to keep all the components of the current setup, then when i have money, upgrade. The only exception to this is ram, i use ddr1 ram so im going to have to buy ddr2 and a new powersupply. Sound isnt to important either so im happy with an onboard sound card.

Id like it to be from the following parts list but if there is nothing there im happy for other help:

http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

Thank you all. :happy:

Awesome board, just to clarify, theres nothing on that list that meets my requirements?

so, your wanting to put that mobo in your dell case? if so its not hapening, dell produce all their cases and mobos so they are not of ATX or MATX standard

O how nice of them. Anyway i figured out it was cheaper just to make a new pc. Quad core time... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom