tuniq tower 120 v. thermalright 120 ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the dual e6850 is already here, opened, and inserted into the lga775 slot, so no changin that one now...

so af7 is is better than the true120 for OCing my e6850? even if I wanna (hopefully) get it to 4.0+?

past 4.0ghz? then go for the Tuniq.... but that maybe pushing it? maybe you might wanna get aircooling?

NCIX.com - Buy Thermalright ULTIMA-90 6 Heatpipe Cooler LGA775 AM2 CPU Heatsink *Fan Not Included* - Ultima-90 In Canada.
Thermalright Ultima
go with that, its a great heatsink, lightweight so it doesnt put stress on the motherboard (unlike the tuniq)

it looks exactly like the ultimate 120 extreme... what's the diff besides the price?

past 4.0ghz? then go for the Tuniq.... but that maybe pushing it? maybe you might wanna get aircooling?

what should I look at for air cooling? and how high do you think I could push my intel?

somewhere near 3.7-3.8ghz? i haven't seen many people overclock with that e6850 :)

well then I guess that makes me the first:D but it was the BEST deal on eBay... under $300+S&H, beat out BestBuy's e6600 for $350... I got a better clocked, factory pre-set speed of 3Ghz AND the higher FSB w/ 1333Mhz over something like a 5 or 600 something? anyway I know mine is higher at base, so I fugured if others are OCing e6600 from a base of like 2.6 and 2.8, whatever the base is, and taking theirs to 3.6 and 3.7, why can't I take a 3.0 and push it to 4.0, maybe more? right?

*edit*

and besides, b1gapl saw it a week ago in my sig and said something to the effect of I am one of the lucky few who have the e6850 model and that I needed OCing STAT!!! lol...

the Ultima doesn't cool as well as the Thermalright..... probably around the Tuniq, but the Tuniq is a better buy...

AnandTech: Thermalright Ultima-90: Small Wonder?

the Ultima IS Thermalright, isn't it?

i'll never buy another Tuniq again

and i'll tell you why

the fan is louder than all my case fans put together. i have my fans on low and i hear the CPU fan over all of them...when i unplug it, my case is nearly silent.

and i'll tell you why

the fan is louder than all my case fans put together. i have my fans on low and i hear the CPU fan over all of them...when i unplug it, my case is nearly silent.
yea well i hope my sound dampening case sides take effect :/
if i get the cosmos 1000 that is

and i'll tell you why

That's why I picked my TRUE-120 because could pick my fan. It's like buying a processor OEM cause you're buying an aftermarket heatsink. Anyways, I love it and it keeps my processor extremely cool.

well then I guess that makes me the first:D but it was the BEST deal on eBay... under $300+S&H, beat out BestBuy's e6600 for $350... I got a better clocked, factory pre-set speed of 3Ghz AND the higher FSB w/ 1333Mhz over something like a 5 or 600 something? anyway I know mine is higher at base, so I fugured if others are OCing e6600 from a base of like 2.6 and 2.8, whatever the base is, and taking theirs to 3.6 and 3.7, why can't I take a 3.0 and push it to 4.0, maybe more? right?

*edit*

and besides, b1gapl saw it a week ago in my sig and said something to the effect of I am one of the lucky few who have the e6850 model and that I needed OCing STAT!!! lol...

the Ultima IS Thermalright, isn't it?[/
QUOTE]

ya.. sue me for making a tiny mistake :0

but i meant the Ultima isn't as good as the TRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom