a choice between graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt it beautiful... /drool i love the color... if only it were a more trusted company (havnt heard much on leadtech)

and I agree with GT or id of bought a GTS already.

Same perf with same price with more MB- better deal- and anything better perf is a no brainer.

IMO with the 8800GT on the horizon the 8800GTS 320mb is not an ideal choice at the moment.

8800gts is not an ideal choice with the HD2900Pro in the picture.
the only thing, and i repeat, the only thing better about the 8800 is the user interface (NvCpl) vs. ATI's CCC.
which almost makes me want to RMA my 2900 for a 320 GTS (then im like..."i just clocked this thing to 900/1900...what am i thinking...?"). at the same time, why does ATI make their tools so awkward? maybe its just because i am used to nvidia control panel.
also for those of you hthinking of getting a pro, i have heard reports that flashing the bios to XT limits the overclock, possibly because it changes the ram timings. ie you can clock it higher with the pro bios in place. i have not tried this yet.
i flashed mine to XT and really have no need to overclock it, except for my own gratification. at stock (XT, and probably Pro as well) it plays every game i have with max settings 8xAA and 16xAF...WORD. gonna try it on COD4 and see how it hangs.

^^what do you mean?
its not released yet. you mean COD3, or do you mean the demo for COD4?
i'll wait and see how it (8800GT) performs before making that decision. we cant tell anything yet as no one even has it yet. if ATI improves their drivers every release as they have been, HD2900 wil be a force to be reckoned with next release (it already is for the 320 and maybe even 640 with catalyst 7.10...i mean it will be competition for the high-end 8800's).
if he can wait, wait. if he cant wait, HD2900Pro it is.

Yes im talking about the Demo, the game should be released the 11th right?

And weve already seen benchies of the 8800GT. The HD2900pro gets spanked by it.

yeah but benchmarks dont really cut the mustard with me. i want to see in-game side by side performance. benchmarks really are simply a baseline performance indicator.
and the pro tested wasnt flashed to an xt either, im sure.
the 8800gt looks to be a beast, for sure tho. i can say that in another driver release or so, i think the Pro/XT will surpass the 8800gtx in performance.
i've read the 11th and the 5th for release date. i dunno.

Benchmarks as in game FPS benchmarks? Lol, its the same thing. And it was tested against an XT, so flashing a Pro to XT would be the same. And i highly doubt the XT and pro will gain so much to surpass the GTX in performance. Thas wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom