So... My PSU is fried (At Least I Think So)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try resetting the cmos by using the jumper. Find the 3 pins for the cmos. Take the jumper off of pins 1 and 2 and put it on 2 and 3 (or the other way around if that's how it is on your board). Leave it like that for a few seconds, and then replace the jumper to the original pins. I think you can also just remove the cmos battery and then put it back in (it's the battery that looks like a quarter).

Hey Schecters, I tried resetting the CMOS before by touching the two CLR_CMOS pins with a screw driver and it didn't work :(. I think I will have to RMA the board which I have no idea how to do with gigabyte seeing as how they do not provide almost any information with their stuff...

Hey,

So I managed to fix the problem. I took the motherboard back to the retailer and they replaced it no questions (for a rev 2.0 :D) and I bought some Cooler Master Thermal Grease.

Everything works now, except my CPU temps are at about 50/45/45/45 at idle... :O. This is crazy!

I didn't apply the thermal grease according to the packet's instructions because it was really confused involving some sort of sticker template + putting the thermal grease on the heatsink so I just applied it how I would with arctic silver.

Anyone got idea why there are such ridiculous idle temps? Also has anyone heard of this Cooler Master Thermal Grease stuff, is it good?

Thanks guys!

lol...There are no other thermal paste to consider, besides AS5, MX-1 or 2. Which obviously explains the higher idle temperature.

I think everyone here, would agree so. Check the "Battle of the Thermal Pastes" thread, at the bottom of my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom