Not open for further replies.

azzyork

In Runtime
专题报道_PIC Show by expreview.com

system load (W)
idle: 8800GT uses 18W less than an 8800GTS and 52W less than an 8800GTX
load: 8800GT uses 20W less than the 8800GTS and 84W less than the GTX

(all other components kept the same)
overclocking: stock cooler, stock volts: 600MHz stock to 730MHz OC.

performance in games is generally between 2900XT and 8800GTX. Beats 8800GTS in ALL tests.

Here are some pics take from source linked above.
gpuz.png

stalker.png

8800spec_compare.png

geforce8_lineup.jpg

VP_Gen.png

vp2.jpg

Ugh, it almost doubles the frame rate of my gts 320 at the res i play. Now, do i want one of these or should i just buy the freaking ultra ive been craving.

veedubfreak said:
Ugh, it almost doubles the frame rate of my gts 320 at the res i play. Now, do i want one of these or should i just buy the freaking ultra ive been craving.

lol...It was once, that the GTS was uber popular, and now, everybody wants to get rid of it.

veedub...You have a 24" monitor. If you want smooth gameplay, I think the GT will do just fine. Seeing as it does very well at 1920 x 1200. The Ultra will just make it run even more smoothly. But think about the GT's pricing, and the near performance of the GTX. Then think about, when you overclock this GT....bang for your buck.

This is assuming those benchmarks, are true.

Ya i'll see what happens once it actually launches and if i can get my hands on it. TBH i'm really happy with my gts 320 but i just know that once the more demanding games come out it wont be enough. When i bought the card 3 months ago i got a smoking deal on it and still only had a 20" monitor. Now that ive gone up to a 24" monitor i want more.

so.. if they're making a new gts.. are they making a new gtx?! if not.. i may consider getting to gt's

I don't think they'd be making a new GTX, or there would be so many 8 series out there. Their other cards won't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom