Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskerven

In Runtime
I would like some more input:
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 2900PRO 1GB 512-bit GDDR4 PCI Express x16
VS
XFX GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16

Ive heard lots of review on the lovely XFX - but nothing much on the SAPPHIRE.

If some benchmarks can be found.. thatd be great- the prices are nearly the same so of cours 512 bit vs 320bit and 1gig vs 320meg got me curious not only that but 320 stream proccessors vs 96..... thats just crazy difference!

As i learned not to long ago the HDs dont really have 320 steam processors but thats besides the point. Heres the deal, the HD2900pro can be flashed to be an XT with no problem. So i think we all know the XT will run circles around the 8800GTS 320mb.

As for the gig of GDDR4, well thats not neccesary but certainly wont hurt at all.

My input, HD2900pro flashed to XT and OC further for uber cheap performance in a box :)

reason why I ask is the radeon version is 350 while the other is "less" for 300 after mail in rebate... 50 dollar difference for about triple the ram and "market higher" settings...

We know the general pricetag. Some stores here in the UK already have it listed on their sites as incoming stock...priced between 120-140 quid for the 512mb version.

That's about 240-280 USD but things are generally cheaper int he states so I would expect it to be between 200-250. Very competitive pricing from nvidia this time around.

thats some good input- the 1gig card i was lookin at (the radeon pro) is around 350 bucks so if the GT can out perform it with some circles- and be 100 bucks cheaper I think I found my card

OH MAN THIS ****ES ME OFF
.MSI GeForce 8800 GT Graphics Card Over Clock Edition - SHOP.COM

The basic descrip is 8800gt- but the card (and description down low) says 8600... wtf.. can I sue for false advertising.. Id love to...

Anyone wanna get into some law crap and maybe we can sue for false advertisement and make a few grand a piece? Iam sure you'd all love that- even if you sink it back into your computers.

Won't work. It's an 8600 and anyone with some sense would not purchase from a site that listed there cards as something they are not. Even bothering with them is just asking for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom