AMD Sheds Additional Phenom Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres an easy comparison, quad core > Dual core lol. Those Phenoms have 4 cores and of course will smack around a C2D. Heres the deal though 4 cores is till useless unless you have applications that can use it. Crysis is "supposedly" supposed to be optimized for 4 cores but i highly doubt it with the amount of single core gamers still in this world. (Yes, believe it or not) Dual core is just barely making its stand in the market cause there isnt a need to get more than 1 core in the gaming industry. Here to prove it, i dont need more than an OCed 3000+ A64 Venice to run all the latest games maxed out (DX9, i have no DX10 card) nor do i need a better processor to run 2 7950s in SLI. With a 3000+ and my 7950GT i got over 6k in 3dmark06.

So i say, AM3 FTW.

EDIT: *Disclaimer* By no means at all do i support SLI/X-Fire. Its a waste period.

i was only going for ballpark figures- iammakin a new comp and the only thing keeping me from staying AMD is that there 3 steps behind- the phenom seems to be there answer to that- which may or may not be enough still. So before I go off buying mainboards I wanna make sure.

They arent 3 steps behind. If youve kept up with the AMD/Intel Nvidia/ATI battle youll notice that its a new crown for every gen. Its an off and on win lose thing here. AMD should be picking up the pieces with K10.

Actualy it would. At that res you dont need anything higher than 4xAA and 16xAF. Which it will do. But the whole point of that was to just get a point across about processors really. I actualy think ive seen a 3dmark score of lower than 5k in somebodies sig with a dual core and an 8600. I wasnt merely buffing graphics power but more so the point that dual cores and quad cores (And i guess cause AMD is stupid tri cores) arent really needed still in the gaming industry. And thanx, idk how long ill be back. Got a PM about 30 minutes after registration lol.

ya.. well me being a ******.. i loveeee top end performance.. lol i'm a fool for technology... and under 5k.. eh? maybe it was a 8600gt and a 3600 stock? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom