New: 2900GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its crippled becasue it dosent have as much ram, as much memory bandwidth, nor does it have as much shaders. The competition for the 8800GT will be the HD2950pro. The HD2900pro though can easily be flashed to XT speeds without a hitch of a problem. This is just another midrange card for the cheaper low res people.

Umm I dont think that last part is true. The 2900PRO do not overclock very well.

Yes they do. They are just downclocked XT cores. They are the same straight down to the heatsink. They will clock back up with no problem. Newegg reviews and other forum reviews also acknowledge this.

Yes they do. They are just downclocked XT cores. They are the same straight down to the heatsink. They will clock back up with no problem. Newegg reviews and other forum reviews also acknowledge this.

And newegg reviews are the most biased stuff ever, most people who buy form newegg just do as there told, and it doesnt.

It's true pixel. That is the sole purposes for people buying the 2900PRO, they know they can turn it into an XT.

Umm I dont think that last part is true. The 2900PRO do not overclock very well.

gasp!!!

it overclocks well.. first because of its smaller nm size compared to the XT, next seeing it as a downclocked XT, you can push it up... to XT speeds... and still overclock it more :)

and the temperatures a bit lower b/c of the 80nm over the 90nm

gasp!!!

it overclocks well.. first because of its smaller nm size compared to the XT, next seeing it as a downclocked XT, you can push it up... to XT speeds... and still overclock it more :)

and the temperatures a bit lower b/c of the 80nm over the 90nm

the die shrink isnt the only reason why its cooler, lets not forget its got 3 heatpipes and not 2 ;)

I ♥ my HD2900Pro, It runs quite a bit past XT speeds. Matching if not beating posted max core and memory speeds for XTs. It's a fantastic card for what I payed. Check out the 3d mark thread for proof, I've only been beaten by GTXs and Ultras. Pretty good for a card that only set me back 260 :)

Like said earlier in this thread, it looks like the new X1950 which has been sold out for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom