2 last questions before i post my build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet

In Runtime
i'm so close to building this comp i can taste it! however, there are two things i have yet to decide on. How many Hard drives i want in raid 0, and the sound card.

I was thinking of just hooking up two WD 250GB caviar in raid 0 with a 750gb as storage, but i have had many people telling me that adding more Hard drives to that config will give me significant performance boost. Now, i'm the kind of person who will notice that extra 4-8 seconds of increased load time and have no problem spending the extra 100$ to make it happen.

2nd is the sound card, i will be playing a lot of games, mostly FPS, so i want a top of the line sound card with an I/O front panel. I've heard a lot of people recomend the fatality pro, and many others bash it. I need a card that can make my music sound amazing as well as my games, i just dont know the diff between half the creative cards on the market :S

Once i get these two things sorted out, i'll be mint :)

In my experience, on board sound seems almost par with sound cards. I play FPS myself and I do perfectly fine with it. Sound cards these days are just a waste of money better spent on the processor or graphics card.

Umm fatalty is probably the biggest scam for video gamers and most know to stay away from it. Just get a nice Creative sound card.

What is your video card?

I heard two Seagate barracudas (perpendicular recoridng technology) in RAId 0 is a nice set up.

i bought a sound card and realised that its not a big deal since i don even have 5.1 speakers.

I got the creative sound blaster audigy 4.
Ill sell it to you for $30 shipping.
It comes with a remote too....i haven used it in about a month.
I just use onboard audio now, but if you want mine you can have it for the price i just asked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom