Need help finding Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wait..I think I found it. "Legacy Audio Drivers > Driver Vender: Microsoft > PnpID: ms_mmdrv"

I click the "Find Driver" option..There's so many..how do I know which one is for my laptop?

when using windows update, you can choose the express or custom options.
Choose custom, it searches hardware drivers...

I already tried choosing Custom..I have drivers for everything now, but there isn't an audio driver there..

well i just reformatted my gf's dell laptop and win update didnt have it either...so i jsut went to the dell website, entered her service tag code and found it.

Ah I figured out. I did some browsing on HP site and it turns out that I needed UAA (Universal Audio Architecture). Once I installed that, Windows update was able to find the audio driver I needed.

Thanks for everyone's help.

no problemo.
Im fixing one of my buddies hp pc now and i also realized that they dont have the 6150 go drivers...how stupid imo.

Well its good to know that you got it solved.

I was going to say to install the nvidia chipset. any nforce chipset would have worked. this would have made the audio driver recognizable. my second option was to for you to see if it was an msi board (hp loves them). you can use auto update at their website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom